Friday, August 9, 2013

Sweet Peace

The Lord said to me…”I will test my people with a Plumbline, Amos 7:8 (TLB)
The Plumbline is a blog to bring hope and encourage to the Body of Christ.

Sweet Peace

Herbert Hoover said, “Peace is not made at the council tables, or by treaties, but in the hearts of men”. True peace is a matter of the heart. Peace rules the day when Christ rules the mind. These are all inescapable truths.

Jeremiah 33:6 (NIV) "'Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.

The Hebrew word for peace is shalom; its basic meaning is the positive presence of harmony, wholeness, soundness, well being and success in all areas of life. (1) Peace can refer to tranquilly in international relationships, such as peace between warring nations. (2) Itit  could also refer to a settled feeling within a nation, as during times of prosperity and no civil war.  (3) It can be experienced as wholeness and harmony in human relationships both inside the home and outside the home. (4) it can refer to one’s personal sense of wholeness and well being, free from anxiety and fear, at peace within one’s own soul. (5) Finally, though shalom is not used in Genesis 1 & 2  it describes the  original created world that existed in perfect harmony and wholeness. When God created the heaven and the earth He created world at peace. Genesis 1:31 (NKJV) Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

John 14:27 (NKJV) Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14:27 (NLT) “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

Psalms 29:11 (MSG) GOD makes his people strong. GOD gives his people peace.

Psalms 85:8 (NKJV) I will hear what God the LORD will speak; For He will speak peace to His people and to His saints;

·      The psalmist goes as a prophet to consult the Lord; and, having made his request, waits an answer from the spirit of prophecy. He is satisfied that the answer will be gracious; and having received it he relates it to the people.

·      He will give prosperity to the people in general; and to his saints—his followers, in particular.


No comments:

Post a Comment