Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bite Your Tongue


The Lord said to me…”I will test my people with a Plumbline, Amos 7:8 (TLB)
The Plumbline is a blog to bring hope and encourage to the Body of Christ.

Bite Your Tongue

Someone has said, “Language, like linen, looks best when it is clean.” 

A lad in Boston rather small for his age worked in an office as an errand boy. One day his employers were mocking him a little about being so small and said "You will never amount to much; you are too small.”

The lad looked at them and said, "Well, I can do something which none of you   four men can do.”

What is that they asked?   

"I don't know that I should tell you," They were eager to know and urged him to tell them what he could do what none of them was able to do.

The little fellow replied,  “I can keep from swearing.”

That ended the conversation.

Deuteronomy 5:11 (NASB)  'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

Hosea 4:2 (NKJV) By swearing and lying, Killing and stealing and committing adultery, They break all restraint, With bloodshed upon bloodshed.

Matthew 5:34 (NKJV) But I say to you, do not swear at all:

No comments:

Post a Comment