Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Losing Your Life Means WHAT? # 3



The Lord said to me…”I will test my people with a Plumbline, Amos 7:8 (TLB)
The Plumbline is a blog to encourage the Body of Christ.

Losing Your Life Means WHAT? # 3

How crucifying the flesh WORKS.
The More You Love Life the more tedious life becomes. The concept set forth in scripture to  deny one’s self is so foreign to our overly selfish society that fulfilling Christ’s words is almost non-exsitant. Without this aspect of cross-bearing dieing to self we are in a losing battle.  Listen to Jesus’ words according to the Message; "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to saving yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for?

       Mark 8:34-38 (NKJV) 34..."Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it. 36 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? 37 Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Family Resistance: Those that are nearest to you will possibly hinder you the most from following Jesus all the way. Matthew 10:34-39 (NIV)  For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law- a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' "Anyone who loves his father or be they of his own houshold more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

HE Deserves Our BEST: A lot of people try to offer God their leftovers - when the scriptures say He deserves the best and “Firsts”. Making Him first does not divide the Body of Christ. He draws the Body together in Spirit. Romans 16:17 (NIV) I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

       Luke 14:26 (NIV) "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple. This statement by Jesus seems to run counter to many of His teachings. However, what He is saying is clear - the true disciple must make Him FIRST - nothing can be ahead of Him when it comes to our affections.

Hating Your Life in this World: Hating your life in this world means keeping it unto life everlasting. Hating your self in this world has precious and glorious benefits. Hating your life means bring it unddr subjection and live like a “Spiritual Son”. Hating your life means “release” the spirit - let the spirit live. Hating your life means to hate all in the flesh that gives earthly, temporal, downward motivation.

Crucifying the Flesh: When a disciple puts Christ first you are crucifying the flesh. When you are searching the Word you are crucifying the flesh. When you are feeding on His life you are

crucifying the flesh (Bible reading and prayer). When you are giving  your life for others “for Jesus’ sake  in Jesus’ stead) you are crucifying the flesh.

Discounting Your Earthly Life: This means you are discounting the life that was governed by the carnal mind and the fleshly, natural desifes. Discounting and hating the things that divide us from the Word and work of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment