Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Very Special Day


The Lord said to me…”I will test my people with a Plumbline, Amos 7:8 (TLB)
The Plumbline is a blog to encourage the Body of Christ.


A Very Special Day

The First & Only Lady of My Life
Yesterday, March 13th marks the sixty-first year anniversary of our first date together. I remember it well. During the first two years prior to this occasion, I carried Doris’ school picture in my wallet. Based on this you’ll be able to appreciate how I was feeling.

To add a bit more intrigue this was Doris’ first date. Our first date night was centered on our High School class play. Neither of us is able to remember the name of the production. But who cares it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

This gal of mine has a way of tracking these kinds of things to remember. We celebrated yesterday lunchtime meal by enjoying a “Hot-n-Ready” Caesars Pizza. For supper we went to Outback Steak House for a steak and lobster special. During the course of the evening the owner came by our table to chat.  During the conversation, she suggested that Doris spent a lot of time hollering at me. Doris responded, “Oh no he’s a minister and a gracious man..”

This coming June we’ll be celebration our 58th wedding anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment